How unfortunate that your (6 December) should continue the misogyny directed at her all her lifestyle: she “preferred to contact herself a product, whilst many others labelled her a prostitute” her writings were being “lurid” “she produced points up” liked “the seedy everyday living of Soho”. As a younger girl, Keeler was groomed by more mature guys like today’s sexual predators, but she also raised young children, and ongoing to work, create and publish.
Professor Maggie Humm
• In what way does your front-site picture of portray 75 years of a woman’s daily life? Is this the information we girls ought to soak up about our worth as human beings?
Seaham, County Durham
• You rightly quotation Organic England in declaring that wildlife habitats ought to be expanded and superior safeguarded to support species endure severe temperature (, 5 December). But now I viewed a tractor needlessly trimming hedgerows laden with berries, a few times ahead of warnings of yet another chilly snap. Will they at any time find out?
North Cadbury, Somerset
• Just one response to Richard Clark’s query “why would any one in the neglected locations of the English locations have surged toward the Labour occasion?” (, 4 December) might be that Labour councils are doing their very best to protect their inhabitants from the impression of savage cuts imposed by the coalition and Tory governments because 2010 and to which there is no stop in sight.
Labour, Home of Lords
• Liam Beadle’s short article (, 6 December) will surely ring bells for a lot of clergymen. It reminded me of a former colleague’s wife, who, on arrival at her husband’s new parish church, deigned to move a flower-stand from its accustomed spot. The woman “in charge of flowers” arrived straight in excess of and punched her! Welcome to our friendly church!
Fr Alec Mitchell
Denton, Higher Manchester
• Tonight at 8pm, BBC A single, BBC Two and ITV provide cookery programmes. Terrestrial TV truly has hit rock bottom (G2, 6 December).
• Be part of the debate – email
• Go through a lot more Guardian letters –